Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Sporting Goods


We played our last game of Ultimate Frisbee last night and won the championships! I must say I was very impressed considering many of our team members were missing.

I've never played a sport in my life before joining Ultimate Frisbee. It was actually last Spring, my boyfriend (now fiance!) convinced me to join just for fun and to give us something to do together. I very reluctantly joined Spring season, then Summer Season (where we won the championship), the Fall and now Winter has wrapped up. I was very reluctant at first because I wasn't confident in my sporting abilities whatsoever. I never thought I could play any sport. I just didn't think I was the type or was cut out for it.

I still have those being-picked-last-in-gym-class low confident days but after last night I'm really proud to say I am part of a team and I am very proud of my fiance. He has given me the confidence to feel I can do anything as long as I try my best. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have ever tried a sport or begun to write again! He is my number one fan in everything I do and I am so lucky to have met such an amazing human being.

While I have pushed myself to my own personal limits playing this sport, I am excited to join yet another season. The team is a great group of people and I can't wait to win in the Spring season!

No comments: