Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Patio Season Comes Early!




Finally the warm weather has emerged from it's shroud of shivering cold and dark clouds.

I have noticed a remarkable change in my mood lately and am so happy the weather has been perfect enough to start the summer patio season early!

Any patio really is fun to me. As long as there are good people, service and drinks, I'm ecstatic. I understand the appeal of The Patio in Canada. Approximately six months out of the year we are stuck inside watching the cold snow, blustery wind and wet icey cold rain take over our once beautiful green lawns, beaches and decks. We breathe the same stale air and complain about the cold. Depression grabs hold of some and the ongoing feeling of fatigue hits others. Some are lucky to escape the wintery blues but I have never been one of them.

I just want to lay, stretched out, embracing the sunshine while I can. I know the risks of cancer and wrinkles and spots etc etc. But the warm sun to me is like a dead beat dad. It comes around only a few months out of the year. When it does show up, it bears gifts - in this case, leaves, grass and flowers. It will stay and keep you warm for only a short time so you had better hold it as close as you can before it disappears again. I know I can be very cheesey in my depictions:)








No comments: