Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Long and Short of being Tall


Being 'the tall girl' my entire life, I have had some emotional highs and lows with the reality of my height.


I'm just over 5"10, so I'm not enormously tall by many standards (the tallest woman in the world is Den-Fen Yao at 7"8!), but I still feel very amazonian when I am standing next to the average woman - especially when I wear heels. I'm very in touch with my feminine side and heels is every woman's staple. It can be difficult to find the perfect pair of shoes however when they make me grow well over six feet!

When people point out my taller than average height, I tend to feel insecure about myself. The comments are something I have trouble understanding. I would feel very uncomfortable pointing out to someone who is shorter than average how short they are. So why is it acceptable to point out to me how tall I am? And why am I always asked if I play basketball or volleyball? Does this mean it's ok for me to ask a short person if they play mini golf?

Thank goodness some of the most beautiful women in the world are tall!

Model Ana Hickman - 6.1ft.
Model/Actress Rachel Hunter - 5.11ft.
Model Tyra Banks - 5.11ft.
Model Giselle Bundchen - 5.11ft
Donald Trump's wife Melania Knauss - 5.11ft.

Oh the beauty of tall women!




No comments: