Thursday, July 3, 2008

Toronto the great

After celebrating Canada Day in the fabulous city and then tonight taking in the action at our newly renovated Dundas Square, I must say I'm proud to live in such a bustling and ever growing city!

Walking north up Yonge Street from the Lakeshore towards Dundas Square, I felt as though I was a tourist. I could feel my eyes wandering left to right and up and down. Taking in the sites and really enjoying my walk. I found myself feeling as though I just may have a lot more in common with the many tourists walking about than I ever thought I would. Here I am wishing I had a camera so I could take a picture of the beautiful skyline. How jealous am I that I'm not riding those double decker buses lining the streets blaring microphones explaining the history of the neighbourhood and the best places to go in the city.

I suppose this is a good thing. To feel happy to be a part of such a fun and exciting place. As the summer continues there will be so much to do! Beerfest, comedy fest, saturdays at St. Lawrence Market and so much else. Check out www.toronto.com for more info on restaurants and things to do this summer!

No comments: