Monday, June 16, 2008

The 'Real" New Kid on the Block

I started a new job today.

I forgot just how frightening the first day of a new job can be! Feeling the pressure of doing my best, however not knowing expectations and therefore not knowing what my 'best' is in this particular organization. Meeting new people and forgetting their names instantly. Feeling lonely and out of place. Just many emotions going on at the same time.

I hope this works out. This is a brand new environment for me and to tell the truth, I'm absolutely terrified. Today involved learning and absorbing, tomorrow I hope it's more than that or else I could get bored very quickly. I hope I fit in soon. I just worry so much mainly because this is very important to me.

New jobs can be exhausting (emotionally mainly), I just have to stay positive and good things will come!

No comments: